View Single Post
Old 13th June 2012, 01:17 PM   #11
Raymond

Re: would be grateful for prayer

Shame he's not reading his bible. There are very clear instructions there about a husband loving his wife. If he is praying then he is looking for answers. Pray that he finds them.

Are you able to go on a retreat anywhere to get built up? Glyndley Manor in Sussex do good weekend things or even 7 day things. Pierrepont in Surrey do similar. Just a thought, but if you went with a friend those sort of things can be refreshing and they do try and minister to particular needs that you might not be aware of.

In a way I think you have to keep strong and get built up so that you can do what you need to do and have the strength to pray for him also. You cannot change him in your own strength but you can learn how to react and maintain the boundaries that you need. A positive week away would do you good I think. Not just to rest but to get built up as well.

Maybe you will be able to get to that place to go on one about marriage together which will not be as in your face as counselling, yet you will be able to pick up good things in a relaxed atmosphere. We did a few of those in the early days and it helped to break me down and see what the priorities should be in marriage. The worse thing you can do is give up I think. If you say you are getting opposition then there must be something good that the enemy wants to destroy before it can be birthed.

Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote