View Single Post
Old 14th December 2012, 04:32 PM   #185
George

Re: Married and lonely

Well, it's about a year now since you guys gave me all your helpful and supportive advice, so a quick update from me seems appropriate.

Sadly not much has changed (no sex at all this year), although the more I've resigned myself to the situation, I've found that I'm more at ease with it, even if I know it's still not ideal. We had our 20th anniversary this year and managed to get away for a few days without the children, the first time I can remember us doing that for the whole time we've been married. I didn't try anything on though as I didn't want to spoil it and not surprisingly she didn't make a move either. But apart from that we did have a lovely relaxing time.

The other thing that has happened during the year is that my wife suggested we sleep in separate rooms "to avoid temptation", not that anything was happening in the first place though, so not quite sure where that came from. There's another issue with snoring as well, so that's what we are now doing. For me though it actually makes mb easier, so perhaps indirectly (and of course wrongly) that is why I'm more at ease.

I still am putting my faith in God and the Holy Spirit regarding this, but as nothing has been happening, for now I have to conclude that's the way it is supposed to be for us.

Compliments of the season to you all.

George
George is offline   Reply With Quote