Thread: Baronness
View Single Post
Old 25th August 2011, 09:09 PM   #58
Baroness

Re: Husband doesn't want sex

Chosen, the thing is, I have always been accepting of the way a man is, whether it was an ex or my present h. When others criticized the way he handled things I said it was okay because I didn't need to know every single thing and as long as the bills were paid it was fine with me.

I have always known that the only way a person can change is if God does it and yet I was judging him by what I think he should be like. The ed brought all this on and I started thinking differently because it wasn't acceptable. I wanted what we once had and that isn't possible, people change and so do relationships and I can't realistically expect things to stay the same.

I just wanted the man back who made love to me but there were other things that displeased me about him and I thought why can't he be more romantic? Why can't be talk more? But he accepts me the way I am and I should do the same. I do love him and in many ways am very proud of him and we are getting along very well.

I'm glad you understand what I was talking about in my last post. I am not a domineering woman and easy to get along with and yet in my mind I was constantly putting him down for not trying to have a physical relationship with me. Yes, he could have done this and that but he didn't and I have to respect the way he decides to handle this.

Of course he doesn't want to admit this and I still don't like the way things are but I seem to be coping better now that I've realized some things about myself. I wasn't aware of those things and I just prayed for him and for me and I do have faith in God. I feel like a great weight has been lifted from me.

I also think God is molding me into the woman and wife he wants me to be. I don't know for sure what is going to happen to this marriage but I do trust God and he said to just trust him and so I must. All this time I've been asking him to speak to my h and fix him, when I also needed fixing as well. Of course I never would have realized this if I hadn't been open to God dealing with me on it.

I am also praying about not getting so upset when I think someone is attacking me in some way. I am a sensitive person but that can work in my favor. I can finally say that I want to be in God's will, not matter what that is.