Thread: Baronness
View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2011, 01:59 AM   #37
1aokgal

Re: Husband doesn't want sex

Hi Baroness...

The best thing might be for you to keep a diary, as you did before. That will let you go back to reread your thoughts and feelings and give you clarity on your marriage. The problems seem to be communication, financial, and sex. The communication seems a doorway to the other two areas.

I agree that the most critical issue pressed by your husband, seems to be finding a job, or at least work to income flow. The hatmaking you enjoy was my idea, as creativity does give one an outlet. I told you that victorian bonnets made with authentic patterns or reasonably authentic fabrics DO have a market. I know because I've sold them for years. I know other milliners who have waiting lists.

If you now buy vintage hats to recover them with feathers, glitter or veiling, that is not the same thing. I am sure if these hats are attractive, someone might buy them. You must have some idea of your market. What is the market? Is it a church hat or who would buy this item?

If you want to sell bonnets or hats to ladies who wear victorian clothing or is in theatre, that is a higher standard. One has to sew from an authentic pattern with a solid design. These standards are high, because the ladies have expendable income to spend on their hobby. They likely belong to a victorian club and realize others judge their hat. They will buy a fine bonnet or hat to accessorize an outfit they may have paid a thousand dollars or more to have made for them. Believe me, a pricey hat is needed but they won't buy a cheap vintage straw with a bow. So give yourself time to learn a craft. You can sell hats with lesser standards to begin, but you may just cover your costs and get a modest profit, which is the cost of learning.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 22nd August 2011 at 05:16 AM.