View Single Post
Old 1st August 2006, 07:29 AM   #12
Helen

Re: Wife exposing herself

Duckbreaker,

I am very sorry to hear that your wife would rather lose you than give up her fantasy life. Based on what you have said (boob job, eye work and mini-skirts) your wife is definitely having some sort of crisis in relation to her age. 3 questions:
  1. What of your kids? Are you just going to leave them in the home with their mother displaying, frankly, unreasonable (and potentially dangerous) pick up behaviour?
  2. The milkman - as you say, he must have seen her standing in the lounge. Have you ever thought of enlisting his help in dealing with this? Perhaps if he tells your wife that he is uncomfortable with what she is doing and if she doesn't stop he will make a formal complaint, your wife will snap out of part of the fantasy?
  3. Have you tried explaining to her that no matter how much cosmetic surgery she has, she is never going to look 25 (or even 30) again. In that context, pelmet like mini skirts on a woman of her age are ridiculous and is something she ought to keep for private?
I am really concerned about your kids. Your wife isn't just exposing herself when she behaves in the way she is. She is exposing your kids too. You need to think about them and, if necessary, ask her to leave. If she refuses, explain that her behaviour is not reasonable and is very high risk and, as the father of those kids, you are not going to leave them in the home with a mother who exposes herself to all and sundry and leaves doors unlocked for goodness knows what encounters. Before speaking to her, I would get some legal advice and then take it from there.

I think it is one thing your wife living out these fantasies. To an extent, I can understand her desire to feel younger. But most women in her situation dye their hair, go to the gym, get a tattoo or get a piercing - sometimes they do several of these things. What they don't do is put themselves and their kids at risk through questionable behaviour. As her husband and as the father of those kids, it is up to you to take action.

Helen