View Single Post
Old 25th February 2012, 03:43 PM   #4
chosen

Re: bipolar, an affair and baby!

I agree with the above posts. If the mother and all of her family dont want anything to do with him or for him to be involved, then he cant force that anyway. I am assuming that the OW knew that he was married, so in that sense she was equally as wrong as him and she should have used some sort of protection herself. It seems she is happy to have his money but not have him involved on the childs life! She also got herself into this mess by sleeping with a man who was someone elses husband!

IS he a Christian? You say that you are, so wondered if he was as well. Did you get advise from your pastor or another mature believer before you married this man? Its just that I know my pastor would have almost certianly have warned you against the marriage, at least for a long time after this came to light.

I could not marry a man who had cheated and got another women pregnant, partly because I could not trust him again, and partly because I know that I could not accept him seeing the OW for the next 18 or so years. Thats me. You married him anyway, because he promised that he wouldnt be involved in the childs life, and now he has already broken that promise.

I think you need to wait and see what happens, and if he does get permission to see the child on a regular basis, probably with the mother to start with because the baby is so young, you will need to seriously think about whether you could cope with that for the next 18 and more years. As Iaokgal says, dont even think about having kids yet, that will just bring more stess into this situation.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote