View Single Post
Old 4th July 2005, 07:29 AM   #2
Springheeled Jack

Re: Wife not interested in sex

Its not so different over here, mate.

Ive been married for not as long as you, coming up to our second anniversary. My wife has two kids by a previous partner, aged 20 and 13. We started our relationship with sex everytime we met, then every week, then every other week, then every month, now it is when every she can be bothered. Im always up for it, but my wife isnt, so you are not on your own here, toronto.

The sad thing is, if you do the initiating, your wife might out of "obligation", you do not want that at all. It means alot if she "wants to" as opposed to "having to". If you do the initiating then it makes you out to be sex starved, (no matter have true that may be!!).

In my case I am not so sure about the "extra curicular" activities, shes always said that she wouldnt do it. Im going through the phase "wondering if she is", and having to deal with it if she is.

It is easy to fall into the trap of wondering if she is having an affair. After all it would explain why she has been acting the way she has been doing.

My advice to you is talk to your wife with out being too pushy. Drop huge hints if you have to. Dont however force your attentions on her. She will scarper. If a councellor will work then go for it.

The best of British luck toronto.

Jack