View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2006, 10:12 PM   #3
qsabilder

Re: Nothing works...

Hi.
Your message made me feel really sad! I'm so sorry that you have these difficulties in your marriage.
There's no easy answer, I wish there was. You say communication is difficult, but it's only by opening up a dialogue that you'll know which way to proceed. I think you still really love him and want to be with him. Try gently asking him questions, but you've got to get this right otherwise it might make matters worse. There's obviously something wrong, he has problems which he doesn't want to tell you about because it's a sign of (perceived) weakness. It's that male ego getting in the way.
I think you should try and begin by asking what it is about YOU which he doesn't like, or maybe what it is that you've done to hurt him in the past. I can't be specific because I don't know him, so these are only guidelines as to how to open up a line of communication. But whatever you do, don't retaliate or criticise him, because that will make matters work. It can be extremely difficult to get men to talk about themselves, but I think if you approach him as the person who is in the wrong, then this might work. It's hard, I know, and you'll suffer, but it might be the only way.

Do let me know if you think you can do this, and tell me how you get on
Regards
Phil