View Single Post
Old 15th June 2006, 02:25 PM   #8
rubyshoes

Re: will wife cheat again

Confused I can understand just why you're confused by your wife's behaviour, it must be a very lonely time for you. I've been with my husband since I was 18 and he was 22, as I said, 26 years married so there's quite a similarity between our stage of marriage although my two children are 23 and 25 so we are well beyond the babysitting problems.

From a womans point of view I think after a long time married, extramarital sex is just about excitement (yes I've been tempted) but unless the chance is put on a plate I don't think women tend to stray as much. Have you tried talking to this man she is seeing and asking him if he wants to risk losing his wife? I think you're right not to tell his wife, for the right reasons.

If I've ever been given attention by another man my husband tells me it makes him feel flattered to be married to me but if they come on a bit strong he goes very alpha male about it and gives off the old "this is MY wife " signals by hugging me etc.

Have you told your wife how much she's hurting you or asked her outright if she really wants to risk losing you?

You say she blames you for her behaviour but that's rubbish and just an excuse as other people have said. You can't go on blaming people for your own bad behaviour and she is treating you badly. You could always try my tactic of telling her that you've been talking to good friends and they have agreed with you that she is treating you cruelly, hurting you and they think you're worth much, much more than that!