View Single Post
Old 8th July 2014, 03:57 PM   #23
1aokgal

Re: Am i sinning and how do i stop?

Dear Raymond...

The first stop for us as a couple, I asked my husband to go for pastoral counseling at our church. After two visits, he was livid, and no longer would attend the church. Confrontation pushed him from any church. We met with one counselor but it was a mistake for us. Next I made appointments for us singly, and a couple, with a psychiatrist. My husband consented to meet with him. I ended the many sessions after I could see my husband was comfortable with the "good buddy" meetings, which were more about his work and accomplishments, than any concerns of mine. One of us had a problem, and one did not.

That was years ago, so counseling can work for some, not for others. A lot of reading and dealing with the subject convinces me that one does not choose to shut down, but the choice does turn to pleasures, excluding a partner. I believe childhood teachings and events have a big factor in such avoidance. I love my husband and take him on any terms. He is a 97% good man and very good to me. He is generous in all his dealings with me. We don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

What is most important to me these years is my business and our health. I share what I have learned along the way with a few here.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 8th July 2014 at 11:17 PM.