View Single Post
Old 21st September 2015, 02:59 PM   #40
ralfgarnett

Re: Courage to leave my 11 year marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjlhunter View Post
What's the RC church?

Where i come from religion isn't a big thing at all.. You can take it or leave it.

You know this weekend at home has just been how things used to be. It is kind of giving me second thoughts about leaving him.... I really, really do want to leave him but what if it's a big mistake and things aren't greener on the other side. I have reserved my new place to move in on Wednesday, my friend has already transferred the money into my bank for what i need to move in with but why do i now have these doubts in my mind?!?!?!
Hi MSJ, I am no expert on these things but I have heard it said that people in abusive relationships are also subject to control, as Raymond will tell you I don't understand the control thing he understands it and can explain it far better than me, but I expect that part of your having 2nd thoughts may be down to your husband possibly having a hold over you, for example has he ever said anything such as "you wont survive without me" or maybe "nobody will ever love you as much as me" that kind of thing, if so then perhaps your confidence has been badly affected by the horrible abuse he has inflicted on you, also I presume you were happy once and maybe you long for the happy times and part of you is clinging on to those memories hence you having doubts, regardless of the reason I think your feelings are all perfectly normal, whatever you decide I wish you all the luck in the world.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote