View Single Post
Old 24th November 2014, 11:40 AM   #1
DogLover2014

Anxiety in the marriage

Hi, I really need help on where to turn or what to do next.

It's all complex but I'll try to keep it brief. Basically we've been married for 10 years and have 2 young children. 4 years ago hubby had a breakdown from working too much and he couldn't work. Because of this I had to do his job (same office), look after a toddler and house aswell as being heavily pregnant. I think I coped well though and supported him.

A few months later he was better and I started to get depression / anxiety. I took panic attacks all the time. I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't look after our toddler, and couldn't take tablets because I was pregnant. I lost so much weight and thought I was losing my mind, it was awful. Hubby supported me, he was brilliant.

We got over that. Then 2 years ago we seemed to really drift apart. I didn't feel loved at all. I felt he didn't love me or wanted me. We only talked about the kids. He didn't seem to care that I was going out a lot more on my own just to clear my head.

I made a mistake with another man. Looking back it was a massive mistake but at the time it felt like it was keeping me alive. I almost felt happy around this other man. Anyway, I broke it off and confessed everything hoping that it would help our relationship change. He was devastated and rightly so. We talked and talked about it and he forgave me.

The problem now is that I still feel really unhappy. I don't mean sad, I mean that everytime im with my hubby he makes me feel tense and anxious. I try to avoid him. I don't know what to do!

I love him. He loves me. And yet I don't feel I can live with him anymore. I think if I stay with him my mental health with deteriorate even more :-(
DogLover2014 is offline   Reply With Quote