View Single Post
Old 6th October 2013, 11:08 AM   #19
chosen

Re: Marriage to a wife or Mother in law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc View Post
I've read countless stories of controlling mother-inlaws and how it ruins marriages. They say better the devil you know than an angel you don't. Sadly the angel in this saying is my wife.

I don't really care about the mother as I didn't marry her, her talks and be-littling can go in one ear and out the other but what's really destroy us is my wife.

Moving away is not an option at this stage but can be if the reason is for the kid's schooling. That's not till a few years down the track.

I'm preparing myself mentally should the time come when my wife has to decide between me and her mother. I really cannot see how my kid can grow up in this stressful and devisive environment.

All the people at our church sees my situation and they would stay clear of us, I got no one to turn to accept for God.
Well if your church family wouldnt help you or support you, then they are not much of a church family. I can think of several couples in my church who I could go to with family problems.
Maybe you need to think of finding a more friendly open supportive church.

Trouble is even if she did leave you, they will probably all try and control your child as well. That the sad fact.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote