View Single Post
Old 29th October 2012, 04:45 PM   #3
chosen

Re: Husband's Online Relationship-How Do I Cope?

kristen I am going to be straight here. This relationship is cheating. He is committing emotional adultery with this lady and it needs to stop NOW. She is not your responsibility.She is not His responsibility either. She knew the risks of getting too close to a married man and she will have to bear the consequenses..

I just cannot believe his story that she has no one. A woman of her age with not one single friend or family member? Its hardly likely. Even if it was true she needs to take responsibility for that and get out there and find friends of her own.Why cant she get some counselling for herself?
If her husband was that bad why did she leave her own children with him????

There is also no way that you can possibly be so in love with someone who you have never ever met. Sorry but thats the truth. They only know what each has told the other and that is probably not everything. Even if he was in 'love', that is all the more reason to stop the relationship. Do you honestly think that it will stop sometime in the future when HE decides that she doesnt need him any more? That may take years, IF it ever happens.

In your place I would do two things. Tell him that if he wants you two to stay together the relationship needs to stop now, totally and completely. No contact of any sort ever again. Secondly sign up for a long period with a good marriage counsellor. There is no room for three in any marriage and he is clearly not wanting to stop this relationship. If he isnt prepared to stop this wrong relationship, I dont hold out any hope for your marriage, unless you are gong to be one of those wives who turn a blind eye to cheating.
OF course you are jealous. You are supposed to be jealous. He is YOUR husband but is acting like HERS!!!
I think you are trying hard to justify his actions but he has to either end it or loose his wife. Maybe give him the choice. He cant have his cake and eat it.

Last edited by chosen; 29th October 2012 at 05:14 PM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote