View Single Post
Old 27th September 2012, 10:18 PM   #15
KCB

Re: My wife is leaving me. Please, please help.

Well, she moved out. It's pretty much over. She has taken her wedding ring off, given me back the engagement ring, moved all her stuff out of our apartment and already found another apartment. She maintains that she's not in love with me any more, that I can never make her happy and she is sure she is doing the right thing. We've made email agreements about our few possessions and this I suppose will form the basis of what could be an unusually straightforward divorce procedure. I have the names of a couple of recommended solicitors.

The question I'd like some help with is, should I tell his wife? I know it's not my fault that he had an affair with my wife, but all the same I don't want to be the person who may turn her world upside down (by telling her). She has children aged 16 and 18. He has told my wife the usual stuff: "my wife and I have drifted apart", "my wife doesn't understand me any more", "we don't really have a loving marriage", but then that's exactly what he would say to an attractive blonde half his age with her hands in his trousers.

My mother's marriage ended when my father had an affair. The same thing happened to my wife's mother. I guess I feel sorry for his wife. But in all honesty I kind of feel a little bit like taking an empowered step.

Do you think I should tell his wife?