View Single Post
Old 10th March 2015, 02:09 PM   #4
defeated

Re: What if my husband is a narcisist...Can he be cured???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambrooklands View Post
one further point....Is your husband very much a routine person, and likes things to be 'just so' (especially around the home?)
Thank you once again for your response.
I think he feels undervalued at work and at home. He goes beyond the call of duty at work and is then v angry and frustrated when he isn't acknowledged as much as he thinks he should be.
At home he doesn't particularly want things 'just so', he seems to want his own space a lot. He is very involved with putting the bedtime routine and will help with homework, but other than that seems to want to play his playstation and be allowed time on his own.
We've had not contact since our counselling session last night. I sent him an email asking if he wanted to talk and how he wants to move forward, but have had nothing in return and he's going away tomorrow.
I'm really nervous and dreading him coming home from work today. We can't carry on in this way and i can only imagine he's as unhappy as i am, but deosn't recognise that it is him, he thinks it's me or 'us' and so if someone won't take accountability it's hard to know where to go.
I have booked in to see the counsellor alone next week.
It feels really disloyal being on this site and talking about him, i know he'd be devastated and that's sort of making me nervous too. I'm sure i'm now sounding a bit mad myself!!!!!!
defeated is offline   Reply With Quote