View Single Post
Old 21st February 2015, 03:58 AM   #4
1aokgal

Re: Torn Marriage Due To Living Locations

People make the place where they live happy. If we carry around our own little bubble of misery, than one could be unhappy in Paradise. I had to learn to live in a great many places because of my husbands' job demands. I sure did not want to be in some places and we often lived without comforts we had elsewhere. We lived in cramped apartments and in a city where I had to learn the language to shop. Yet, we had wonderful experiences as we went along.

We learned to feel at home because we made it good to be there. We were used to hard work to repaint, wallpaper, and redo the apartments everywhere. We often lived in places that were pretty primitive so we learned to live without some comforts during those times. We made friends and explored the cities and I managed well when my husband worked out of area. It all enriched our lives.

One apartment had such horrible wallpaper that it looked like nightmare rabbits leaped across the wall. That was so bad we had to buy paint and paper right away, even before the boxes got unpacked. We can still laugh about the worlds' ugliest wallpaper.

Choose to be happy where you are for now. Do your best to find nearby places to explore with your kids. Pack box lunches and use weekends for pleasant day trips.

I could have made my husband pretty miserable and guilty if I complained in those years. We learned to make the best of everywhere we lived. Find the parks and nature areas. Visit the libraries, museums, and historical areas and learn the local history. Be content where you are now. Happiness comes from within. You don't need to please her mother, as that may not be the best for all of you.

Don't ever say the word divorce. What are you arguing about? If you are not content about your location, you work out the problems!. Three kids and you think divorce? What else is going on in your household? Location is not a reason for divorce...ever.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 21st February 2015 at 04:05 AM.