View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:25 PM   #26
1aokgal

Re: Should I say yes?

Freegirl..

You keep trying to get this man to "fit" when it is a sure thing you feel uncomfortable when he gets to personal questions. You wish you were somewhere else. What is your rush to hook up here? Are your family putting a lot of pressure for you to accept this man as a serious boyfriend?

What will happen if you say you will marry, without the feelings one needs, to make a marriage work? Can you picture this old..older man with his hands inside your clothes and in private areas? No, thank you, if you don't love and care about a man you sure don't want any intimate touch!

You are not being fair to this man as things are going. He thinks all he has to do is say or do the right things and he will get a yes from you. He should be free to find someone who cares about HIM as he cares for her. You hold him in a friendship, when you are on different paths.

Love is when you like the man and what he says and how he carries himself. Love is when you feel warm and good about him. Real sparks and attraction can happen when you first look in his eyes. I knew right away my husband was the right man for me and the early days of the friendship he was everything to me. He is still is that way to me all these years later.

Money is lost and flash can fade. So if you want to be with someone for just what he has ..that might not last. I think it is important to find a man secure, a hard working man of moderate habits. He should be ready to take on a wife, just as a woman needs to bring some things to the table. She should have a decent education and not be an airhead.
You can never force a romance when it isn't there! 50% of marriages end in divorce today, and that is with people who married for "until death us do part." Make sure everything is right.

Tell the man goodbye, and go on and do things for yourself until you meet the right one! You would hate a marriage where you have to grit your teeth when he kisses you!

Last edited by 1aokgal; 4th February 2012 at 01:46 AM.