View Single Post
Old 28th October 2009, 08:11 AM   #8
Brotan

Re: Pray for wisdom please

The job did phone back and he is supposed to start tomorrow - it is only work for two days, but right now anything will help. It is a bit weird though as he is still not 100% sure that he must go in tomorrow... is getting a job always this unclear or is it my husband who isn't asking the right questions or is he trying to have an escape? I don't know, but I really hope he does go and work tomorrow because even if it is only for two days it has to help financially and to give him some more confidence.

He is still doing part time work from home, but it is not nearly enough - again better than doing nothing, but he probably only works a few days a month at most.

We have recovered somewhat from me yelling at him (at least I didn't swear or tell him I hate him) and he has started shwoing me that he does get that I am depressed and very stressed - my own work the boss left to o overseas and so I am having to run the business alone (there should be a manager but he is almost never around) and I have found this very stressful - its not as though I got an increase either. I have needed some support - I think my husband is getting that some now which I appreciate.

"I'm convinced that a woman's encouragement and being for her man will change him long term."
While I agree with this it is incredibly hard for me to support him and encourage him when I am taking the strain for what I believe he should be doing (providing for us) I do try to encourage him and look at what he has done when he works from home and give him space and tell him he's done a good job when he has, but I feel he thinks I should have supported his decision to say he was not available for the job the next day and that is something I cannot have done and I will not be able to if he does it again.

Yes, I am getting discouraged. I know that God is not supposed to give us something we cannot handle, but it seems like I need a break now - something to go right.