View Single Post
Old 25th October 2009, 01:41 AM   #4
Ageing Grace

Re: Pray for wisdom please

Dear Brotan,

Please don't feel bad about shouting. You've done wonders in altering your temper, and sometimes frustration reaches a pitch where shouting is the healthiest outlet!

Of course, you're not a bit wrong in your evaluation of the job market. Employers don't even bother to reply these days; if you don't chase them up you'll never hear back. To be offered work without running after the offer is a real bonus in this climate, and it's not totally rational on your husband's part to reject the compliment.

You might need to bear in mind that your husband, having Asperger's, is prone to inflated self-esteem and an imperfect sense of consequentiality. You can see how this combination may hamper a person looking for employment after being out of work for some time, under present conditions. It's a pain, but there it is. As soon as he comprehends the actual situation, he will probably deal with it very swiftly & effectively. I understand that temper outbursts can be very upsetting for him - but on this occasion, it may well trigger him to figure it out ... and, therefore, be the best thing you could have done! Maybe not deliberately, but still.

You've had lovely replies from Raymond and JWD. I agree with both of them. This is just my two-penn'orth. You're often in my thoughts, Brotan. I wish you the wisdom and support you need, and of course the wise assistance of your higher power

Much love,
AG

Last edited by Ageing Grace; 25th October 2009 at 01:54 AM.
Ageing Grace is offline   Reply With Quote