View Single Post
Old 12th October 2008, 05:16 PM   #9
lanzarotedoll

Re: Do Separated couples ever get back together??

Hey Numb

Nice to meet you. I've read through your threads and some of the advice you've been getting. I am in a similar situation to you at the moment. My husband and I have been married 13yrs and together 17. Basically, our relationship started breaking down just over a year ago and we were going through the motions of living and not much else. Sex, affection, talking, laughing ... everything like that just seemed to stop.

It came to a head this May when I found out he had met another woman 2 or 3 times. He says nothing happened that it was just coffee. But I was devastated to say the least. Since I found out I have been desparately trying to come to terms with it all.

The realisation that I didn't want to be without him hit me the week after he moved out the marital home. I can see the mistakes that have been made on both sides and what could be done to make things better. But alas, he has said that we're not compatible anymore and that he does have some love for me but not enough to want to be with me.

I too wish that perhaps the separation will maybe have him wanting to come back but at the end of the day, as someone has quoted already, you can't make someone love you. Im trying to take it a day at a time. Some days I think I'm getting on fine then the next I'm sad and down.

You should try taking some time out for you which is what I'm trying to do but it aint easy. Time is supposed to be a great healer. And it is only it doesn't seem that way just now. I reckon there will be lots more tears to come from both you and me but chin up. Just see what each day brings and deal with it then.

Hope things improve.

Lanzarotedoll