View Single Post
Old 29th November 2010, 01:22 PM   #11
moggie1502

Re: My husband had a affair!!

I have just joined this forum and can't believe how much I can relate to most of what has been said so far. I discovered my husband of 38 years had a relationship with a girl half his age while visiting his sister overseas. Over the 18month period they met again and exchanged texts albeit infrequently. He assures me he did not love her but just found her fun and good company, however for me that doesn't make the hurt and deceit any less. He has told me anything and everything I have asked him and needless to say it is now over. There will be no more visits to his sister and he is willing to make that sacrifice. He is so full of remorse and regret and is so desperately trying to make amends although he has never been able to explain to me or himself why he did it. We are now trying to move forward but I too am finding it increasingly hard to deal with the constant reminders and painful images that remain in my head. I am forever re-living the periods when the meetings took place and relating back to what I was doing at those times. I hate myself for being so trusting and oblivious to what was going on and can't believe that I did not realise. I read somewhere that you long for amnesia and I know exactly what they mean. I just wish I could forget what I now know and get on with the rest of our lives.