View Single Post
Old 25th October 2010, 10:16 AM   #1
lonelyD

Loveless marriage without children

I met my wife while on holiday in Brazil. We had a very short (4 months) long-distance relationship then we decided to get married. My motivation to get married after such a short time was largely due to the distance and the fact I was very lonely and feeling my life was passing by. I realised almost immediately after we had spent any significant time together that I didn't know the real person. I soon realised I didn't like her personality or qualities and realised it was just infatuation and I didn't lover her at all. I was honest and open with her about my feelings from the time I started to have difficulty with how I was feeling. It's been five years now and I just feel completely hollow and having physical relations doesn't feel at all natural and feels burdensome as there is really no passion or love felt. She wants to stay in the relationship and is pressuring me more and more to have children. I don't know how much more I can take. I'm staying in this because of religious principles, but I feel so hollow and alone being with someone I don't even particularly like, never mind love.

What do I do in such a situation?
lonelyD is offline   Reply With Quote