View Single Post
Old 19th October 2011, 03:25 AM   #25
chosen

Re: Muslim marriage general advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abely View Post
yah sure no one said you can’t enjoy and celebrate and have fun nor i am trying to stop anyone, but i do feel the same as you, as its nothing to do with Christianity... and it shouldn’t be put to people that way... I wouldn’t have an issue if it was just a symbol for spring and new life celebration... i just disagree with the saying of "its part of Christianity" thats all... Its like someone telling me that valentine's day is part of Christianity... i don’t have an issue with valentine's day but it’s not part of this religion! Sure God loves to have us celebrate love... but it shouldn’t be put under his name as part of the religion, its a cultural thing same as Easter.. so if someone asks what does Christians celebrate as part of their religion? Easter shouldn’t be on the list!... hope that explains what I mean...
Yes it does, but Easter is the most important date for the Christian as well as the birth of Jesus.What people do at easter is up to them, but its what we are remembering, and the fact that we are celebrating the amazing sacrifice of Jesus that matters. If that includes a bit of giving chocolate I cant see the problem. Easter is vital for believers.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote