View Single Post
Old 16th June 2006, 09:16 AM   #12
Helen

Re: will wife cheat again

Confused43,

I agree with what has been said by the last two posters. If you tolerate the situation and have given it tacit approval (your second post), your wife will carry on seeing this guy. That said, if you try to put your foot down and break it up, be prepared for your wife to throw your associated flings before you married and in the early days in your face and question your right to demand anything of her. I am not saying she would be right to do this. But she may feel indignant, especially as she knew you were messing around on her for a while.

'Model husband' or not, the fact is, you did cheat (you have admitted this) and a part of me feels that what is happening to you now is poetic justice. But that doesn't make it right and has to stop if your marriage (and the other man's) are going to continue. Your anger towards him is interesting. How do you think your wife felt about the other women you were involved with? I know she has said she is paying you back for what you did but did you ever ask her?

Helen