View Single Post
Old 21st September 2011, 07:06 PM   #14
lovingfatherandhusband

Re: Wife wants "space" and is moving out

1aok..
I am currently only going once a week, but I am calling a place today through work that is free and will be attending that hopefully once a week depending on how well it goes I may go more. I want to see one counsellor but honestly I'm not 100% sold on my first session with my counsellor. I know it is only suppose to background stuff, but I was hoping for her to say something to me to help me. It was very uneventful.

You suggested me taking her to dinner, but she really doesn't want to do ANYTHING with me unless it is with our daughter. I asked her to lunch and she said probably not. The BBQ idea is something that I will try tonight. I do help around the kitchen, I love cooking.. she actually uses my recipes. So I will let you know how that attempts goes.. I don't expect her to go "aaaahhhhh it's all better now", but hopefully she gives me a reaction.

Let me make sure I understand what you said. You said "I would say once she is out that door the marriage is history." are you saying that if she moves into an apartment then the chances of us making it are even slimmer? If that is the case, how do I convince her to stay whenever I can't talk to her? I can show her by giving her space, but I really feel like she has made this decision and isn't backing down on the moving out.