View Single Post
Old 30th August 2006, 11:15 AM   #2
helenrw200

Re: should i stay or go if he keeps cheating?

sara

How can your counsellor possibly put such a time scale on your husband in this way ? Is there some reason why he would be unfaithful for 2 more years ?

Unfortunately, whilst you're willing to accept his behaviour and keep taking him back, he's going to think it's ok to keep doing it.

You have to ask yourself some serious questions. Apart from the fact you love him, what good things do you have with him that supercede his affairs ? Are they really good enough to warrant putting up with his infidelity , and the worry it gives you everytime he goes away on business ?

How long can you mentally stand the anxiety of wondering what he's doing and who with everytime he packs his suitcase ?

He won't talk to you about it, so how can you be sure he has any intentions of ever stopping ?

I hope that you can find comfort in prayer, but to be honest I think in the long run you'll find more peace by thinking things through and reaching a decision based on what is happening, do you think he'd stick around if he found out you were unfaithful to him ? I know you haven't been, but it's a fact that while he can do this and still have you at home waiting , he has no reason to stop.

Take care

Helen