View Single Post
Old 12th August 2014, 01:05 PM   #13
ralfgarnett

Re: Recently separated after 17 years of marriage honest advice and views needed

Hi Raymond we are both acting honourably the best we can, we are both hurting not just me, she is a fine woman who I love and respect very much indeed, as I keep saying who knows what the future will bring, what I don't understand is those on here that automatically assume that a separation in a marriage should mean all out war, bitterness, hatred, infidelity, legal battles, instead of that why not talk and be civil to try to put things right, life is very tough for her as well as me and I have to consider that, we were truly in love at one time but somewhere something has gone a bit wobbly, we are both responsible for that so if we get back or not we owe each other to put things right, I hated changing the locks and codes that is the first direct action of any kind I have taken against her in 20 years and she knows that, we are meeting up tonight for a drink and a chat, I am going to play it very calm and none pushy, plus she has done some shopping for me and I have some bits for her from the house she needs, lets see what the next few weeks bring but please wish me luck for tonight feeling a bit nervous about it.
ralfgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote