View Single Post
Old 6th March 2010, 05:34 PM   #5
jools

Re: my husband left me with no warning

Hi bhan001

Sorry for the horrible place where you currently find yourself. You will feel gradually better over time. When I was going through my painful breakup 4 years ago I couldn't understand how he could just stop loving me. I've since come to realise (through my own experience and reading so many forums like this) that there is usually one reason that this happens (I say "usually" not always). They've usually met someone else. Whether they've actually consumated the "friendship" or not. Most men won't break up with their partner - even if it's far from perfect, unless there's someone else. I was told this at the time, when it happened to me and I did not believe it - for all sorts of reasons. But it turned out that there was - though I don't think it turned into a full on relationship until we split (or is that another little delusion of mine?) If you think about it - it's the only thing that makes sense, isn't it? My ex denied everything to everyone and even his closest of friends had no idea. But it all made perfect sense once I found out (through my own detective work). Up until then, he made me feel like I was being paranoid!

Anyway, let's look at the positives - apart from the weight loss!
* You're young enough to start again
* You didn't have any children with him (or you'd be forced to play the split family/stepchildren game).
* You said your town is closing down and friends are moving away. So maybe it's time for you to plan a whole new future. I'm not sure what you do for a living, but maybe you could plan something exciting. Re-train - anything!

Give yourself time though. I remember the physical as well as emotional pain. It's awful! Just do whatever makes you feel better for now. Keep us posted.
Jools XX
jools is offline   Reply With Quote