View Single Post
Old 28th February 2015, 12:11 PM   #10
Raymond

Re: My wife of 16 years wants us to split

Your situation is rather complicated which no pat answers will fix. She is obviously carrying wounds from her childhood regarding the sexual abuse which is a massive problem just on it's own. Having the one night stand could have something to do with that possibly.

The consistent advice is marriage counselling which I agree with if she was willing. I am wondering whether one of the problems is not having time to yourselves. Living together and working together can sometimes produce it's own problems in some.

She has got it into her head that it is over with no apparent third person on the horizon. I am wondering if she just needs a change of scenery. A different job, outside interests perhaps? It could be she is doing the social media and picking up wrong advice which goes against the stability of marriage. Who knows?

You are right not to crawl but I do think you are entitled to have the answer to the big question of why? Perhaps you will be able to find out this and maybe do something about it? I don't think this will mix with crawling and begging though. She won't tell you if she thinks you cannot take it, but I think you need to know the truth.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote