View Single Post
Old 8th January 2012, 11:13 PM   #5
chosen

Re: Should I say yes?

freegirl I met my husband on line on a Christian dating site, but it did take 2 years so you do need to be patient.
Yes you are right in that many women today put so much time and effort into careers that they can miss the boat, when they suddenly realise they are well into their 30's and have no one and they are wanting to have a family, but it sounds as if you are sensible and are aware that that can happen. Its sad whan thay does happen and many of them do go on to regret that, but you are still young yet, and have plenty of time.
Is there any reason why the man has asked you to marry him so quickly? I mean asking you to marry him after only a few dates is far too soon in my opinion. Maybe if you arent sure you can go out with him for a much longer time, and see if anything grows.
I dont think that looks are everything, but there does needs to be a 'connection' and a feeling of being on the same 'wavelength' I feel.

My husband isnt really the normal physical type that I had previously gone for(he is tall and slim and I had always previously liked the more stocky rugby player type) but immediatly I felt that chemistry and I liked him in every way. I am sure that sometimes this can grow over time, but he will need to give you time to see if that does happen. I suppose he is more aware of time passing because he is nearly 40, but you seem not to know each other well at all, and if you are going abroard how will that work?

Maybe you can suggest to him that it is far too soon to know as yet, so can you just take it slowly, but never marry a man just because of fear that you will not meet anyone else.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote