View Single Post
Old 8th January 2012, 10:11 PM   #4
freegirl

Re: Should I say yes?

Thank you 1aokgal and chosen for your replies. I really appreciate your input. This man is 10 years older than me and I have gone out with him a few times. Every time we have gone out he has been a complete gentleman and we've had good conversation but i haven't felt any chemistry or sparks. Overall he is a good person and probably that's why I've even bothered giving his proposal a 2nd thought. Although I am concerned that if I'm not attracted to him one bit our marriage will not survive. Can attraction develop over time especially if he's good to me and has a good personality? Most people say looks don't matter. Is that really true? Also if I say yes to him then that automatically closes the doors to all other possibilities of more compatible men.

The reason I'm even thinking of this proposal is that I personally know many beautiful and successful women that are now in their 30s and still haven't found a suitable partner. Most of them started seriously looking for someone around the same age as me. I'm constantly reminded that if I become too fussy or too career-oriented I'll become too old and will have a difficult time finding someone and, I'm actually starting to believe it a bit considering all the successful single women I know!! I really don't want to spend my life lonely.

I'm a professional and have done my 1st degree. Currently I'm not living independently as I'm still very young in my career so can't afford to. However I did want to move for my masters degree. By moving I mean moving countries but again there is a lot of uncertainty in terms of being alone with no family support incase of anything, making new friends and ofcourse finding a potential life partner. My friend circle is quite small and when I do go out I seem to keep meeting the same people over and over. However when I do meet new people they always have very significant difference in personal and spiritual beliefs which makes them 'undateable.' So there is a shortage of good men lol. I've also tried online dating with absolutely no success so gave up on that. I am involved in charity work and haven't met anyone yet. So basically I'm at a bit of a dead-end .