View Single Post
Old 9th October 2015, 11:58 AM   #1
biker

Bored & Confused

Hi,

I'm new here and i'm after some advice. I have been married to my wife for 6 years, and all has been fine until a few weeks ago. I have become increasingly bored with how we are living our life, it seems to be a constant cycle of, go to work, come home, eat watch t.v. then bed. I am already seriously unhappy in my job, but due to financial commitments, i am unable to leave. Home life just seems so boring and monotonous. I really want to talk to my wife about this, but i find it very hard to speak to her about these sorts of issues, as she just get INCREDIBLY defensive and wont discuss things. I would love us to be more active, but she doesn't seem remotely interested. We have a sports centre around 10 minutes from where we live, and i would like to suggest maybe some swimming, badminton or squash, just to get us out of the house and doing something, but she sees these recommendations as me criticising her weight!!! And that puts us back to the defensive and REALLY bad mood scenario. The whole weight issue is also playing on my mind. My wife has always been a larger figured woman, and it didn't bother me at all, but in the last few months i have started to find her less attractive. Be that right or wrong i cannot help the way i feel, and is it really that wrong for a man to want to be attracted to his wife physically??? Its also worth noting that i have no interest in sex what so ever, in fact, i dread her mentioning it at all, thankfully i'm a shift worker and can usually play the "tired" card. All of this combined has left me feeling very alone and confused, and in need of some advice. Between the home life problems and how i hate my job, i have considered jumping on the bike, and riding until i run out of land!!

Any advice is welcomed.
Thanks

Jason

Last edited by biker; 9th October 2015 at 12:05 PM.
biker is offline   Reply With Quote