View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2004, 03:13 PM   #5
professor_penguin

Re: Imbalance in sex drives / temptation

JohnS

These imbalances must be normal, not very many couples can be identically matched yet most are not as brave as you to mention them.

I gained success in business at an earlier age, i worked hard to achieve my aims, therefore relationships took a back seat, I therefore took comfort from a mistress, I supported her financially and she supported me with my requirements. I was single, it is acceptable and from 19 until I was 29 this worked well.

Then I met somebody whom I wanted to my wife, and within months we were married, I could not be unfaithfully to my wife so my mistress went, but afer years of gaining comfort when and where I wanted suddenly I was in a relationship that involved a person with a much (very much) lower sex drive.

Over our 15 years of marriage, and like yourself having a wonderful family (four boys) we have had to learn to compromise, find different ways of satisfying each others needs and requirements.

Love is a very powerful tool so long as it is not used as a weapon, lovemaking needs to be special not a chore - make it less of a chore any often it means you get more.

I wish you well, and hope you both find a happy solution that suits you both well. But you are lucky to have the basics right love, respect and caring about eachother.