View Single Post
Old 11th May 2004, 02:32 PM   #2
completelygutted

Re: Imbalance in sex drives / temptation

"I have drifted - intermittently - into 'using' TV and internet 'imagery' to relieve what i see as my 'sexual tension'."
John,

I am not religious and therefore can't comment on whether or not the above is a sinful act. However, what I will say is that you are human and humans have urges. Your urges are completely natural and there is absolutely nothing wrong with what you are doing. You are not being unfaithful to your wife. You are not cheating on her. In fact, you are doing completely the opposite. You are avoiding the temptation to stray.

Like I said, I'm not religious and therefore don't know whether such acts are sinful. However, even if they were sinful I'm sure your God would look at the overall picture here and see that what you are doing is merely choosing the least sinful act available to you at this time.

You obviously love your wife and obviously respect her wishes. Just enjoy the few sexual encounters you do share with your wife and don't worry about those other times when you seek satisfaction through other means providing they are not with another.

Andy