View Single Post
Old 7th July 2014, 05:00 PM   #19
1aokgal

Re: Am i sinning and how do i stop?

My continuance as a member of this forum is not about any past issues in my marriage. After 34 years married we have been survivors of some difficult issues. My husband had multiple surgeries for Cancer with chemo/radiation treatments four years. He has been in remission for the last years and we hold our breath when he gets his checkups. Before that, I manage a serious heart dysfunction which kept me in one hospital or another for treatment and gives a couple cardiologists a chance to practice. I had a break through technique done which lasted a few minutes to repair the issues. After months of planning with a trip to a famous heart center for this, it was a disappointment that procedure failed to work in my case. So, life is adventurous. My husband and I have endured challenges that would break many.

I survived some terrible issues from childhood along with a harrowing criminal abduction in my mid 20's. Lucky me, I had help all the way! So life experience, along with two college degrees in psychology/mental health, and time working in the field, gives me some understanding of emotional issues. You ask if I am Christian? I have stated many times I am Christian. Personally, I don't presume that others beliefs here is my business. I speak with a few who used to be contributing members here, but postings became so abrasive as to make them feel unwelcome. I guess that happens when someone feels entitled or chosen, to critique others, which exceeds ones' educational capacity. The church you describe sounds more like a cult, than a Christian church that promotes healthy lives. Your choice, not mine.

I would appreciate if you bestow your expertise with others. I will muddle along with my life. You have your 7 years married, this time, to draw from and some good books you read and such.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 8th July 2014 at 03:20 AM.