View Single Post
Old 5th October 2013, 07:58 AM   #14
chosen

Re: Marriage to a wife or Mother in law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc View Post
I'm done as in done talking and reasoning with her. Every attempt to sit down to discuss rational did not finish rather arguments break out.

She knows i'm very disapproving of her being under controlled and that I let my feelings known even to her parents but she just dishes it. They also don't care and just continue controlling her.

God said the husband to leave his parents not the wife. And I have done that...

Thing is if I do not see her parents when they care for the child (with her) that means not wanting to see my child which means not being a responsible father...that can't happen.
God means for us both to leave our parents.
Its sad that she cant care for the child on her own, other mums all do. She is still acting like a child herself, more or less living with her parents again, its very unhealthy. She is putting them first and is putting what they want before what you want.

Write all this down in a letter so as to avoid arguments, and say that this isnt going to continue. If she wants the marriage to work she needs to go to counselling with you and learn what it means to be a wife, to leave her parents and put you first.
Is there a trusted mature Christian couple in your church who you can both go to?
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote