View Single Post
Old 9th January 2012, 10:00 AM   #7
freegirl

Re: Should I say yes?

The reason he proposed so soon is because we were set up with the purpose of marriage at the back of our mind. From the way he was talking to me it also seemed that I have the qualities he is looking for in a life partner but that's not the case for me. Sure he does have a lot of qualities that I want but I'm not sure if that's good enough to marry him especially considering he doesn't fall in my age bracket. Also if I marry him it might affect my career because he lives in a different city and that would mean I'd have to quit my job to be with him and start looking for something new.

I'm travelling out of country in the middle of the year for a holiday so I'll probably take your advise and try and make the most of it. Maybe I'll also join an outdoor club. I know of one in my city that does outdoor sports...i'll probably even make new friends. This might sound like an odd question but do you have any suggestions of other ways to meet more people. I live in a rather boring city that doesn't have many youth-oriented activities. It's a typical 'business-like' city and many people socialize at night clubs which I'm not very big on. The social clubs that I know of also have a lot older people than myself so might not be too fun.