View Single Post
Old 8th January 2012, 05:25 PM   #2
1aokgal

Re: Should I say yes?

Dear Free...

Welcome here. You say you are an intelligent girl with a good family who cares about you. You are concerned that you have been unable to establish a serious relationship to this point.Your parents set you up with a much older man, and you like him (as a friend), although you have known him only a short time. It seems he might "do to marry" even though you are not physically attracted to him.

What to do? DO NOT consider to marry this much older man! You are just in your 20's. That is not good enough for a lifetime committment for a woman in ANY culture in todays' world. I think your parents must exercise strong control over you (so this is culteral, and the country where you live) that you consider to "please them" by marrying this man? You will regret that all your life.

You say you are "Freegirl", than be FREE to further your education as best you can, to be educated and have a career to support yourself. Be FREE to meet one day a man about your own age. You will know him from the beginning as you will feel attracted to him and want to make that life committment. Listen, do you want to have marital sex and children by a much older man you barely like? Maybe he is wealthy and secure, and that is a "good " match for you according to your parents. That is not good enough reason to bring children into the world with a man you will barely want to touch you! Be glad you are free to see more of the world and find out who you are. Be glad you can explore your spirituality and find out what God has as your purpose.

Don't think about yourself. Get involved in helping others through some charity or church or other activity. Give of yourself, and help someone besides yourself. Go on a great adventure with friends, as a trip somewhere, to learn more about the world and other cultures. Reach beyond yourself and the world will welcome your strength, intelligence, and ability. Develop yourself by reaching out. When the time is right to love,your soulmate will find you. That is how the Universe works. Ask for Spiritual guidance and Angels will guide you in a right direction.

Thank your parents for their concern for you. Tell them you know they want your best interests, but in this case, you must select your own life. You don't want to spend your life in regret for a mistake made. You don't want to be always angry at parents who push you in a wrong direction, because they think they know better. That happened to me. I spent many years trying to undo that mistake and find my way to love and happiness.

You are a free girl! That is a WONDERFUL thing to be. Your lfe will be full and rich if you seek your right path. Don't settle for a match, just to marry, because you are insecure and think that is right for your parents. I wish you great happiness.
Thoni do OKtents pre

Last edited by 1aokgal; 8th January 2012 at 07:37 PM.