View Single Post
Old 20th December 2011, 02:23 PM   #166
Raymond

Re: Married and lonely

Very well put Forever.

Funny enough I was reading that passage this morning in 1 Cor 7. I looked up the original greek as well which says that the wife does not have authority/power over her body, her husband has. Also vice versa the wife has authority over her husband's body. That virtually says to me if they want it you have to give it. It rules out sexless marriages. It goes on to say do not deprive each other. The real desires should always be met.

Of course there is room for negotiation as Forever explained. There are some things that the other cannot face and one needs to be loving and not force things. My wife is not comfortable with oral as it happens. I don't force either way because basically she wants to meet my need and I wouldn't say that oral is a basic sexual dna need for me. If it was we would discuss it more but my leading is to drop it if she is not comfortable with it. There are plenty of other things she does and affirms that I would not discuss on here.

Basically sex is a gift from God to be enjoyed whether it is for procreation or not. Each couple are free to embark on that journey and explore the intimacy in ever greater freedom. I think your wife needs an awakening in that area George. If marriage is a picture of Christ and the Church surely it includes the one flesh joy and adventure of the marriage bed.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote