Thread: Broke boyfriend
View Single Post
Old 8th April 2015, 05:52 AM   #18
1aokgal

Re: Broke boyfriend

You are right, it is cheaper to live in the US. Many do not appreciate what they have and get into serious debt. Young people need to learn to do without and save for what is important. The economy has taken a hit with goods produced overseas, which hurts US jobs, so many young people now find it difficult to locate a good job.

The rents are much higher today. The trend today goes toward luxury town homes/condos w/tenants gyms, a central pool, and lawn care paid by condo fees. Since rents are high, so many won't save enough for a down payment on a home in future. It is most likely many will remain in these condos with such pleasant amenities. The average rent for a 2 bedroom now is about $1,200 month, includes no utilities. This is a resort area, so some beach rentals are outrageous. The middle class struggles to maintain stability.

When we married, we rented lovely small single homes. They were sweet, reasonable and in nice areas. I'd hate to see how much they rent for today! Young couples now both work to survive, have smaller families. This is a community of really wealthy homes and they are huge. It seems many come from technology fields who hit it rich, which accounts for these communities. I just wish it was 20 years ago!

I'd love to be able to take another trip your way!

Last edited by 1aokgal; 8th April 2015 at 04:37 PM.