View Single Post
Old 14th May 2011, 03:49 PM   #7
Forever

Re: My traditional chinese wife

I have not had a T.V. for over twenty years, so am out of touch with what ever stereo types the media is portraying now days. I am 56 years old, Irish, American Indian, Japanese, and Norweigan.... I have traditional Biblical values but own and run my business while still doing everything a woman is expected to do for my generation, (by my husband's Danish standards)...which is nearly everything domestically. I do however, hire my 19 year old son to help me around the house once a week, so he gets plenty of money for his many "wants". My husband contributes the greatest financially, above and beyond the call of duty...he is extremely generous and asks nothing financially from me...so I simply take it upon myself to pay the rent though he does not expect me to. He pays everything else, which is substantially more than I could even earn. I contribute what I can to a joint savings which is "ours" regardless of who puts more into it.

I just feel like it is unfair for the OP's wife to expect her husband to shoulder all the financial responsibilities himself since she decided to step out of the traditional role for women (historically speaking), earns a salary also, yet still holds his feet to the fire about his traditional role...especially when he is struggling. If this is fair, I cant see it. He helps her with the domestic duties and children which is traditionally and Biblically the greater responsibility of a woman, so there needs to be a fair and equitable balance struck here, given her choices.

Last edited by Forever; 14th May 2011 at 07:07 PM.
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote