View Single Post
Old 21st April 2014, 08:09 PM   #23
chosen

Re: 20 years Trapped

Bitterness resentment and anger are so terribly destructive, especially if allowed to build up over many years. Unforgiveness is so damaging to our bodies and minds. Freddo, there is so much of this in your posts. Until you can let go and forgive what you perceive has been done to you, let go of the bitterness and resentment, let God change you and your attitude as well as work in the circumstances, and accept how things are and see the good that you DO have, you will only end up ill, mentally or physically or both. I wonder do you have a close relationship with God? Can you go to Him and tell him how you feel?
Give thanks for the good things you have in your life. List them if needed and every day say thank you. For your children, your home, your friends, your health, your marriage, that you aren't living in poverty, that you have a car etc etc. I know it isn't easy when you feel so angry, but it will get easier. List all the people you need to forgive, and do the same . Make a decision to forgive no matter what your feelings say. Keep on naming them and forgiving them and praying for them until the bitterness and poison have gone.
I know people who have had to do this when their husbands cheated with another women, or when their father sexually abused them. It can be done with Gods help. One young lady I know whose father had sexually abused for much of her childhood, said that when she forgave him, it was as if she came out of a cold grey room and walked into the sunshine of a beautiful garden. She is following God and has a very strong faith now.

Its not usually the circumstances of our lives that affect us, but our attitude to them.

Last edited by chosen; 21st April 2014 at 08:39 PM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote