View Single Post
Old 16th March 2008, 05:35 AM   #24
hurt and confused

Re: asking for your prayers

Well, yesterday when she came home from work she immediately started packing a bag for the weekend. I asked her if there was any way she would consider trying to make things work and she said no. She said that she was all ready to give him up and try to make things work, but i would never stop talking to her about trying to fix things, so she figured that she did not have to give him up. I asked if this is what she really wanted and she said yes, so i handed her the divorce papers. There was no reaction at all from her. She is so emotionally detached, that it doesn't even phase her. I told her that this is not what i wanted, but i can not keep sitting around and letting her destroy our family and hurt our kids. I told her that i would love to work things out with her, but i did this because it is what she wanted. She said believe it or not she really did try. I thought back about all the things that have occured over the last 8 months, just to realize that she never did try. She couldn't even give him up for a week when we took a trip out of the country (had to call and charge it to our cc) She left and immediately called him. I know i have done the right thing for my kids by giving her divorce papers, but it does not make me feel any better. I just wish that i could have done something to bring back the woman and mother that i have known and loved for so long now. I hate to think about what the future holds for all of us emotionally. I know in the immediate future it will be better than it has been, but long term, it is really going to suck!! Again, i would ask that you keep all of us in your prayers. Thank you all for all of the support and kind words. I will always be thankful to all of you for supporting me and my family through this miserable occurance.
hurt and confused is offline   Reply With Quote