View Single Post
Old 16th July 2011, 03:22 PM   #12
1aokgal

Re: Engagement weirdness: Help please

Here is where I agree with Chosen. It seems a waste of time to spend, possibly years, living in a limbo lifestyle which is a sham. I would be embarrassed to introduce a "roomie" with benefits to friends.

I wasn't a young girl when I told my present husband "I won't live in sin." We had a lovely wedding. I figured I would be the fool to live in a pretend marriage. There was also concern that my young daughter would rely on a that man who might not be there a few years later. It wasn't rational to play house with a man, when what I wanted was a life companion.

My sister was in her late 30's, divorced, and she lived with her present husband for years before they married. It made me very uncomfortable to be in the home and my parents weren't crazy about it either.

The statistics read that 65% of couples today live together. They also say that most of these relationships never make it to the altar. I think men are more accepting of live-ins than women. I have no understanding of couples who don't marry and bring children into that situation.

Last edited by 1aokgal; 6th October 2011 at 02:07 AM.