View Single Post
Old 28th March 2010, 08:31 PM   #2
jools

Re: Another loveless pair :-)

Hi Stevie
Your defensiveness and worry that people on here would have a go at you just suggests that you're a nice guy. You and your wife made the right choices and I can understand your disappointment that she hasn't kept to her end of the bargain. It's my guess that she has NO idea how close her marriage is to falling apart and how likely it is that she will lose you. Please believe me on this one. You've "discussed" things and made decisions but she honestly doesn't realise the danger that your marriage is in. I'm speaking from experience here. Because things have always been a certain way, we assume that they'll always be that way. Here's what you have to do.

If you tell her there's a serious problem in the normal course of the day, it won't really hit home. You have to make a big thing of saying that you want to talk to her and actually take her out to do this. It could be a walk somewhere, if you want privacy. Then drop the bombshell. Tell her that you worry that you won't make the 25th anniversary. Be honest and tell her how you're feeling - but make it clear that your marriage is in peril. Do you think that it's salvageable? If you do, you've got to make it SO clear that you're about to walk - cos it's the only thing that will make her sit up and take notice.

Jools X
jools is offline   Reply With Quote