Thread: Jahdog
View Single Post
Old 12th April 2009, 02:49 PM   #23
jools

Re: Jahdog

Quote:
I think we need to try forgive before me move on somehow. Seems impossible but I don't want to hate him forever. don't want to be friends either, that's just weird.

I want to be able to pass him on the street and feel nothing. I don't ask much do I :-)
Absolutely, JWD! But I think you're being hard on yourself to expect to be able to do that so soon. For me it's nearly 3 years and while I feel the indifference thing quite frequently, I am aware that the forgiveness part is hard. Not just for myself, but because he also threw my children's emotions into the air too. But like you, it's something I'm working on and I know eventually I'll get there - when my brain's ready. No matter how much we want to FF the healing process, our brains seem to do things in their own time. Though I'm sure that a positive attitude and an action plan help the process along. The other little snag about forgiveness is that I'll probably start to feel sorry for him and maybe I'm afraid of letting softer feelings for him sneak back in. Not that any part of me wants him back. But I suppose the whole thing about Easter is forgiveness - so yey you're right (she says after several tangents!)

Got my new bloke arriving in a while. Been seeing him for 18 months - but that's a whole other area where I start to analyse my feelings. Very compatible etc. but I find myself pulling back when he tries to get more serious. What the hell folks - we'll get there eventually. And if anyone discovers where "There" is - please let me know!!
Jools XXXX
jools is offline   Reply With Quote