View Single Post
Old 21st March 2013, 04:24 PM   #27
Forever

Re: I feel betrayed!

Bottom line is that you went there to marry and bring back a wife from India...so bring her back to Canada as planned and see what happens after that. She wanted to immigrate and was willing to marry a stranger to do so...so she did and now you are both in position to move and see what becomes of the relationship therafter.

If she becomes miserable, sick, lonely, depressed ect...well, she brought all that on her own head from the plan she hatched against you...she can always decide to jump on the next plane out and go back home...that is her decision. Make her warm and comfortable...give her good food to eat and warm clothes to wear...but that is ALL until you see if she developes love for you over time.

Do not have children unless you like the idea of paying child support on top of spousal support in the event that she takes them away from you through a divorce. You made a big mistake...but YOU should decide where you want to be whilst paying for that mistake. Live your life as you had planned it as best that you can. You cannot control her, but you can minimize the damages she brings if you stay one step ahead of her. Protect your assets and put nothing into her name. Send no money to her family...they were part of this scheme and do not deserve to have anything whilst their daughter is not loving you as a wife should.

Seriously, I would be a perfect gentleman...providing for her food, warmth and comfort...for a year. I would thank her for every small thing she does that shows any consideration for you and perhaps she will be encouraged to act like a wife. I would NOT have sex with her for the whole entire year after you move. I would wait and see how the relationship developes. If she remains cold and uncaring towards you, I would divorce her after a year, so you do not end up supporting her for several years first...then ten more years thereafter. She will stand to gain more the longer you stay married...so give it a year to see how she warms up to you.

That is all that I can offer to you for this situation. One thing I would NOT be willing to do is live separately and in a country I did not intend to stay in. So move back home, take her with you as your wife (stop looking at her as being just her "sponsor")...and see what actually happens over time. Maybe if you treat her like a wife, she will grow to act like one.

Last edited by Forever; 21st March 2013 at 05:09 PM.
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote