View Single Post
Old 16th March 2015, 11:22 AM   #4
sambrooklands

Re: Is my husband being unreasonable

Ok Summer - sounds that you are coping well, and you will find out over the coming weeks and months that you will be stronger than you ever thought. You appear to still love your husband very much, so maybe it is time to really start showing 'tough love'. Keep up the separation for now, however make it clear that it is due to hime needing to sort himself out. It is critical that you make him aware that if he does sort himself, there maybe a future but the crucially important part is that you make him 100% aware that there are no guarantees at this stage (otherwise he is likely to revert back to type pretty quickly once he considers the crisis is over...). He needs to show sustained and committed dedication to getting help and grasping the opportunity for recovery with both hands before you soften in any way.
I am assuming you are in the UK?
..If that is the case I urge you to call AL Anon. They are a free, impartial support line who are not to be confused with Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). Al Anon exist to support the FAMILIES of those affected by addiction, not the victim. Put AL Anon into google and it will bring up a contact number.

Do this now, as it will take a great burden off you, and they will be able to help with all the concerns you have listed so far. Let me know how you get on, and speak later.
sambrooklands is offline   Reply With Quote