Thread: On the rocks?
View Single Post
Old 30th October 2010, 08:33 PM   #7
Sal

Re: On the rocks?

Had an email from him after I texted him asking what he was thinking. It had been making me ill not knowing what on earth happened and what he was thinking. Turns out he wants more sex and to feel intimate with someone. He has spent the last 6 months of our marriage on the computer, distancing himself from me emotionally and staying up drinking and not coming to bed with me etc etc. Suddenly, we are incompatible and he doesn't want me in any way - to talk to, be with or as a wife. It seems he is rewriting history and believing it. Can't decide whether to call it a long day and get on and divorce or wait. Waiting gives me no feeling of control over the situation and after going through this before 8 years ago, I just don't have the emotional energy to do it all over again. I fear the future, but having him back will be terrible too - certainly as he is now seeming to hate me. Also, how could I ever trust him again. My family and friends think he is disgusting and to get rid of him asap. Of course, they find it difficult to see myself and my children suffering so much. I don't want to do anything as a knee jerk reaction and then regret it. Any thoughts from anyone who has been in a similar situation?